In the continuing streak of legal and moral victories for Hinduism, Paramahamsa Nithyananda regained grandly his rights to the 4 ancient traditional mutts that he was appointed as the mathadhipati (spiritual and legal head) of by the previous pontiff Swami Atmananda:
- Sri Somanatha Swami Temple & Aadheenam , Thiruvarur
- Sri Arunachala Gnandesikar Swami Temple & Mutt, Vedaranyam
- Sri Po.Ka.Sathukal Mutt, Vedaranyam
- Sri Palsamy Mutt, Thanjavur
- Sri Sankara Swami Mutt, Thanjavur
The Hon’ble High Court of Madras dismissed the petition initiated against Paramahamsa Nithyananda that wanted to prohibit him or his representatives from reviving or even performing puja in the four major ancient Mutts in South India. The age old Mutts in contention were from the districts of Tanjavur, Nagapattinam and Thirvarur. The Hon’ble Court thereby upheld the interim injuction granted in this regard by the Court at Nagapattinam giving the full rights to these Mutts to Paramahamsa Nithyananda.